Gusty wind is blowing the sand and dust around.
I’m not going to tow my camper in this wind, so the crew and I are here at Elephant Butte for a few more days. The camp host says the wind will continue into tomorrow. That puts us into the weekend. I don’t like to change campgrounds on a weekend. No matter. I’m happy to stay here a few more days.
The crew has to go out, no matter what the weather.
They’re good little couch potatoes most of the day while I clean, do computer tasks, and watch television. There comes a point where I can’t expect them to stay inside any longer. Rather than walk on a trail and kick up sand in our faces, we stay on the paved road for quite a distance. I figure we’ll be okay. However, the wind picks up even more and sand starts to get in my eyes in spite of my glasses. We hurry home, the crew sneezing to clear their nostrils.
In spite of pretty strong gusts, the Casita doesn’t sway at all. Stabilizer jacks really do work!
Another reason to stay here longer is mail.
My mail forwarding service, Americas Mailbox, sent my mail on Monday to the Elephant Butte post office. This is a critical shipment. I have until October 15th to register the PTV and the Casita and to put on their new South Dakota license plates. That’s what’s in the mail.
I can see where successful fulltiming is an art.
Decisions need to be made based on present and future weather conditions, what season you’re in and what part of the season, how close you are to the weekend, the elevation of a campground, road conditions, access to stores and services, cost of gas, where there’s internet signal and where there isn’t, when and where your mail is to be delivered, and so on.
The best decision for us now is to stay put!
Like I said, I’m happy here, and if I’m happy, the crew’s happy. We’re comfy in our little home.